Entry 5

Day 18 - Wednesday

I’m terrified out of my mind, but life continues. I go through my daily morning ritual of terror, fearfully walk outside to my car, and drive to work. I see him somewhere almost every day, but I’ve yet to see him at work, so I feel a little bit safer there. Although, I’m a little suspicious he’s just lulling me into a false sense of security before he finally crushes what I think is my only refuge.

Still, work has become the best part of my day. How sad is that? The monotonous grind is just slightly better than the constant horror of my outside existence. My coworkers – my friends – all give me these looks. I hardly blame them, I probably look as terrifying as the Slender Man, all haggard and sickly and irritable. I think some of them are afraid I’m going to go postal on them.

But Alex, at least she still talks to me. I’m staring at my blank computer screen when she walks over. Behind her, I see our other friends talking to each other, casting worried looks my way, shaking their heads. But she just walks over, with a concerned look on her face and yet still a smile on her lips, and tells me about a party this weekend.

A party. People still have parties. And at least one of them saw fit to ask me, even if it was just out of pity. At least someone thought I might say yes.

I don’t know if I’m going yet. I’m afraid he’ll follow me there, and I’ll unleash him upon someone else, maybe everyone else.

But then, it would be nice to be around other humans for a change. It would be nice to be around her.

Even if it wasn’t for him, I’m sure she wouldn’t be interested anyway.






Updated:

I’m going. It would do me some good. I might snap if I don’t stay in touch with the outside world. It’s easy to forget that there is an outside world, when I’m lying on my bed, wide awake at three in the morning, staring at the ceiling lights knowing they’re going to go dark any second, praying that time will move quicker and the alarm for work will ring and I can feel like I’ve escaped his influence for a while.

I heard a crash earlier. I’m not investigating. Not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment