Entry 17

Day 71 - Sunday

It’s about two in the morning. I woke up a few minutes ago when I heard a knock from the front of the house. After a few seconds, I heard it again.
                                                                                                                                  
I crept out of bed and headed down the hall. God, I’m so tired of doing that. So tired.

The noise was coming every ten seconds or so.

Thud

Thud

Thud

I followed it to a window and looked out. In the moonlight, I could see a raccoon outside. It was staggering backwards, then it took a bounding stride and leapt against the side of the house, just below the window sill.

Thud

What the hell was He doing?

Thud

I watched the creature continue for at least five minutes, and even as the fur of its head became matted with blood, it didn’t slow or even hesitate once.

Thud

Thud

Thud

Finally, with the same unwavering resolve, it leapt one last time, and a wet crunch accentuated the impact as its skull gave out.

And He as there.

Or, rather, I was now allowed to see Him there, since he’d probably been there all along. Just like last night, the malice was gone. He was simply

He was just there. He slowly cocked his head with small, twitchy jerks, but was otherwise completely still.

So I left.

You hear me? I walked. Away. You’re nothing. What was that, a going away present? Because after tomorrow, you’ll never see me again, and you know it. Your favorite toy is leaving and you can’t do anything and you know it.

Fuck. You.

I’m going back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment